ILD Teleservices, Inc Complaint

Billing Scam Through Your Local Phone Company

- Florida - Jacksonville
Last night I went online to view my phone bill and noticed at the bottom of the page "charges from other companies".
When I selected to view those charges, I saw that I was being charge by ILD Teleservices, Inc for voice mail service that I was not aware of, never ordered or authorized and have no use for. After calling one of the numbers listed, I was given another number to call and was told that they would credit me 3 months. When I asked them how long I'd been charged, I was told since July 2006!

After much investigation on the internet about this company, I find that their have been thousands of complaints to Consumer Affairs dating back to December 2001 (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/ild.html) and that there was even a civil case that was eventually "settled".

What I find so appalling, is that companies that consumers trust, such as AT&T allow these scammers to take advantage of their customers under the guise of their local phone bill. It's time to call these companies that turn a blind eye to the carpet!

Read Next Complaint >>

Email Story   |   Comment on this Story

Read more consumer reviews from Complaint Catalog -> General Consumer

Reader Comments:

Posted by ilona.olayan on 05/01/2008
Similar to the way Visa® and MasterCard® process credit card payments on behalf of merchant customers, ILD is a billing clearinghouse that processes phone billed transactions on behalf of merchant customers.
The reason you see a bill from ILD Teleservices is because you or someone in your household may have signed up for services through one of our merchant-customers. If for any reason you disagree with the charges or have not been able to resolve questions to your complete satisfaction, we at ILD want to know. Please contact us and we will help you find resolution. Please visit http://www.ildteleservices.com or call 1-800-637-4009.
ILD provides payment processing and clearing through its bill forwarding operations on behalf of its merchant-customers. These customers include communications providers, digital merchants, internet service providers, information and entertainment providers and other enterprises.
The name of your service provider should be listed under ILD Teleservices on your phone bill. Usually, it states “ILD Teleservices. Billed on behalf of…”
We appreciate complaint.tv allowing ILD to post information to help consumers resolve any questions. ILD is here for your readers and others to provide answers and resolve all disputes. If you have a question about your bill and have not been able to resolve these questions to your complete satisfaction, please let us know at http://www.ildteleservices.com.

Posted by renewableenergy2 on 08/29/2008
AT

Posted by mbernadiner on 12/26/2008
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM TELESERVICES FRAUD

THIRD-PARTY BILLING and CUSTOMER-INITIATED BILL BLOCK

AT

Posted by mbernadiner on 12/26/2008
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM TELESERVICES FRAUD

THIRD-PARTY BILLING and CUSTOMER-INITIATED BILL BLOCK

AT

Posted by be01107 on 12/31/2008
If you were charged by ILD for services you did not authorize ILD to bill you for, you can try contacting class action lawyers here:

You can also share your ILD story with other consumers here:

Posted by mazda6chic on 01/08/2009
I had the same charges on my phone bill. I was charged for a long distance call to california, when I called the number is was a fax machine. I decided to go back several months a saw I had been charged for other services as well. The problem was corrected and there was to be a block put on my phone. Several months later in december 2008, there were charges to AZ, during a time I was at work. I explained to the rep I was at work(besides why would I make long distance calls on the weekend when I have 2 cell phones) I also told the rep I only have a home phone for internet and alm services and the home phone is never in use. She could not explain the charges only that the billing was a typo of the wrong # and she was GIVING me a 1 time courtesy credit. I will be checking be bill every month from now on!!

Posted by bondijobob on 01/17/2009
ILD's response is a joke. A crook used public information - name/address/phone# and there own email address to fraudulently bill the ATT acct. ILD's representative SCREAMED at me over and over "YOU DID IT! YOU SIGNED UP ON THE INTERNET!!" Eventually I got a one month credit. Mean time I found out that the next months fraudulent charge was NOT cleared. ILD is part of the scam.

Posted by allister.blanco-ild on 03/02/2009
If you have a charge you believe is incorrect, or if you have any other questions or concerns with ILD, please let us know. We want to address any and all issues you may have. To contact us, please email us at askild@ildmail.com. If you would prefer to call us, please call our hotline at 800-953-7765.

ILD Teleservices is a leading payment processor for transactions between merchants and consumers. Through contractual relationships with telephone companies like AT

Posted by whh01 on 03/20/2009
I just spoke with someone at ILD Teleservices concerning the item on my phone bill. They explained that MY WIFE had signed up for the service in exchange for 1,000 dollars worth of "free" coupons. I asked them to close the account and informed them that I have now blocked outside billing on my phone service. ILD Teleservices was very pleasant through the entire process so I really have no complaints toward them.

Posted by allister.blanco-ild on 04/01/2009
We want to help with any billing issues.

Thank you, and please let us know how we can help.

Ilona

Posted by MrBatt on 07/17/2009
Do NOT email their customer service. They use valid email addresses as one of their supposed "proofs" that you signed up for service. You email them, they have your valid email address (though they may have it already...).

I just received my AT

Posted by Jean_Oxendine on 08/18/2009
Congress passed the FCC Telecommunications Act of 1996 into law

I experienced phone cramming over June and July of 2008. $100.00 plus was charged to my phone number account. I sent a Request for Investigation letter to the Maryland Public Service Commission in order to stop these charges on my phone account.

The following is an incert from the msnbc.com article “Phone bill ‘cramming’ spikes again”. Phantom charges sneaked onto statements across the U.S. Written By Bob Sullivan: Cramming is one byproduct of the deregulation of the telephone industry. To open the system to increased competition, local phone companies have to lease their phone lines to outside firms who want to sell competitive services.
_______________________

Billing Clearinghouses make contracts with 3rd party companies to handle all their Billing needs, and Billing Clearinghouses also make contracts with the phone companies in order to apply the 3rd party charges onto consumer phone account bills.

Third party companies find a way to scam a person somehow, obtaining a consumer’s personal information and your phone number. These 3rd party companies create “phantom” services to charge to your phone bill on a monthly basis. After creating these non existing (phantom) services, they send these phony
service-charge bills to a billing clearinghouse. The Billing clearinghouse sends these charges to the phone companies on behalf of the 3rd party company, and the phone company places these charge(s) on your phone bill account for you to pay. (Charging your phone number account like a credit card without requiring ANY proof of authorization, or verifying financial records from you for these charges). The phone company requires you to pay these charges, regardless of whether you authorized them or not. They add late fees, and can place no-payment records onto your credit report if you don’t pay.

Once you pay your phone bill including these Other Provider charges, the phone company keeps their kickback percentage, and send the rest of the money back to the billing clearinghouse. The billing clearinghouse keeps their percentage and then pays the 3rd party company the rest of the money.

Phone cramming happens in several ways:

1) Taking a phone survey in which the caller asks you to verify some information. They ask you to state your name and other info, and then, talking over a recording in the background, they explain what the recording is saying and then ask you to say yes. All the while, you are being recorded in your own voice saying your name, and other information they may have requested you to verify and you are recorded saying yes. Yes to what? You just signed up for “Phantom” services that they will make up to charge you with which will be added to your telephone account on a monthly basis. From this point, they may make up other bogus charges to charge you for. Never take a phone survey, never state your name, address, any part of your SS#, work number, or date of birth.

2) Telephone calls from a phone booth. Charging debit or credit cards. Now they have your CC or debit numbers and, in some cases, CONTIOUSLY remove money from your Debit card which is most of the time not recoverable, or put outrageous charges onto your CCs beyond the single call you made. 30 second call might be $50.00 on the CC. 30 second call using the debit card, $150.00 removed from your account which is unrecoverable. Also, collect calls from overseas charges. Also remember, now they have your CC or Debit number and the power to use it more. If you have recently made a phone call at a phone booth, I would suggest canceling your CC and Debit card by saying they were lost and getting new ones with new numbers. Don’t use a pay phone unless it is impossible not to!

Internet: Scammed by clicking on promotions, surveys, or services (and who knows how else) such as—Win or get $100.00 of coupons to our store. Pop-up clicks for getting your credit report

Posted by gingerboo1970 on 11/30/2009
I am in the process of holding right now trying to figure out what the hell this is. I am Pissed. This is crazy. Its says I have chosen to contribute these funds. I dont think so.

Posted by clarkandreson on 02/23/2010
very good wedding jewelry

Posted by frank.sorrentino on 05/15/2010
Go to classaction.com and look under consumer affairs to get your money back.

Posted by thomas.deliduka on 06/10/2010
Our company has been crammed four times in the last couple of years. And each time ILD was the company the other third-party used. Since we have multiple people who answer the telephone they are easily confused as to what the person is saying. one time the guy said that we were already in their "online directory" and he merely had to confirm the information. That was enough for them to add $40 to our bill. I have to watch our bills like a hawk to make sure we're not crammed on a monthly basis.

ILD on their website says they have very strict rules about cramming and they put their merchants through a process. So far, I haven't seen it and even today I called to tell them we were crammed they simply took it under advisement. I highly doubt they will stop doing business with the dirt-bags because they still make loads of money off of people who don't pay attention to their bills.

Posted by orangecty on 06/15/2010
I found youtube video about this

Posted by verna.cordova on 03/30/2011
Who is this company? Get rid of them jumping in the middle of our phone blls. Qwest should be ashamed of allowing this to happen. I thought that this scamming of long distance was against the law????

Posted by imaredhead946 on 11/10/2011
ILD Teleservices apparently is a billing service that billed through my AT

Posted by MRUBALCAVA06 on 02/06/2012
SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME I GUESS ATT IS GETTING SOME KINDOF MONEY OUT OF LETTING THIS COMPANY PULL OUT CHARGES KNOWING THERE HAS BEEN SO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS FRAUDALENT COMPANY AND YET THERE STILL ALLOWING THIS TO CONTINUE! I HAVE CLOSED MY SERVICE WITH ATT ALREADY I TOOK A LOSS OF FOUR MONTHS GETTING CHARGED FROM ILD TELESERVISES.. DO NOT GO PAPERLESS BE AWARE OF YOUR CHARGES EVERY MONTH

Posted by lababoc on 04/01/2012
What is going on with AT

Posted by pattygilli on 09/05/2014