COMPLIANCE SERVICES, TALLAHASSEE, FL Complaint

COMPANY TAKING $125 FROM CORPORATIONS THAT BELIEVE IT'S FROM THE IRS - ANNUAL MINUTES REQUIREMENT STATEMENT DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS

- 400 CAPITAL CIR SE POSTAL MAIL BOX 18321, TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA 32301
I WAS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES THAT CALLED MY CPA ASAP WHEN I RECEIVED A LETTER VIA POSTAL MAIL THAT CAME IN MY CORPORATION NAME, APPEARING TO COME FROM A DEPARTMENT WITHIN THE IRS OR STATE AGENCY IN FLORIDA FROM OUR CAPITAL WHICH ASKED A LOT OF PRIVATE INFORMATION REGARDING THE DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS OF MY CORPORATION SUCH AS A SIMILAR THING I DO YEARLY ON-LINE FOR THE ANNUAL STATEMENT FOR MY CORPORATION. IT ASKS FOR A CHECK IN THE AMOUNT OF $125.00 PAYABLE TO COMPLIANCE SERVICES.
THERE IS EVEN A DEADLINE TO GET THIS IN WHICH IS JUNE 16, 2010. I CAN 'ONLY' IMAGINE HOW MANY CORPORATION OWNERS ACTUALLY SENT IN THIS FORM TO OUR CAPITAL THINKING IT WAS BUSINESS OF THE IRS, ETC.
PLEASE MAKE PEOPLE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY, AND MOST OF ALL PLEASE BE SURE THIS COMPANY IS CAUGHT AND FINED AND ALL THE MONEY IS RETURNED THAT THEY RECEIVED UNDER FAULSE PREMISES! THIS MAY BE GOING ON ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, I'M NOT SURE, HOWEVER, IT'S CERTAINLY HAPPENING IN FLORIDA FOR THIS FIRST AND/OR SECOND QUARTER. I HAVE A COPY OF THE FORM THAT IS ASKED TO BE FILLED OUT AND A 2ND PAGE THAT HAS THE INSTRUCTIONS ON IT, AND THE ENVELOPE TO MAIL IT BACK IN.
D. J.

Read Next Complaint >>

Email Story   |   Comment on this Story

Read more consumer reviews from Complaint Catalog -> Miscellaneous

Reader Comments:

Posted by marilynmills on 01/30/2011
I received the annual minutes requirements form via very official mail. Since I am a new business owner, I felt that this needed to be done ASAP! I then took the opportunity to go onto the internet and search this company only to find that they are scamming corporations. Be very careful, small business owners are struggling and cannot afford to be ripped off!

Posted by tysonassociates on 02/25/2011
I am a Solo Law Practice in the state of Florida operating as PA. I received the same form letter requesting information be completed and timely filed along with a payment of $125. Although appearances are deceiving, there is a caveat on the form stating "This product has not been approved or endorsed by any Government Agency and this offer is not being made by an agency of the Government." This said, beware if you respond and pay $125. Whether you get anything back from them remains a mystery. Corporate minutes are not required to be filed with the state of Florida or IRS.

Posted by mgagnon on 03/15/2011
I received the same information. They use a Tallahassee address to make it look like they are a division of the State of Florida. I am making copies of the envelope as well as the correspondence and I am sending it to the Attorney General's Office in the State of Florida as well as US Postal Service - Attn: Postal Service Inspector for Mail Fraud. Most people do not know that the USPS is a powerful organization. They have the right to intercept their mail and make a case. The penalties are huge. This is how organized crime was brought to their knees in many instances. Ever see the movie The Firm?

Posted by sharon on 03/21/2011
I have filed a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General. The response was that their office did reach agreement with Compliance Services for past solicitations and refunds have been made. However, according to the Attorney General, since there is language buried in the solicitation that this is not a government approved or endorsed product and that the product is not a governmental document, and the solicitation refers to the correct Florida Statutes, Compliance Services is doing nothing wrong. So in my opinion, Compliance Services can continue to rip people off with the government's blessing

Posted by Kellyjm71 on 04/06/2011
Yes, we rec'd this as well. On the Green envelope in large capital letters it reads "THIS IS NOT A GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT" Also reads on the form "THIS PRODUCT HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED OR ENDORSED BY ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY AND THIS OFFER IS NOT BEING MADE BY AN AGENCY OF THE GOVERNMENT. Also look on the line above your address. It is obviously mass mail ***AUTO***5 Digit..

Posted by rjboycepi on 04/07/2011
Someone has contacted me in Tallahassee to find out who this COMPLIANCE SERVICES thing is operated by. The State apparently gave out info that this outfit is doing nothing legally wrong....just ethically wrong! I think when the owner/operator is discovered a good butt whipping will be in line as per my client.My client will remain confidential, so when a guy that is 6'6" with several scars over his right brow shows up with 24 inch arms.........good luck........he is pissed!.....and he will come as per his past actions! I think this Compliance Services has ripped his daughter off..........oh well! Hope their health insurance is paid up.......some things just have to be handled in that fashion.... P>I>

Posted by jordan3069 on 04/11/2011
I was about to mail the form and decided to goggle the company since it didnt feel right. We have been in business for 11 years and have never received anything like that. thank god i goggle the company and read ALL the complaints. I cant believe this is happening and I am sure a lot of people have been scammed by the dispicable company.

Posted by heidikyla on 05/25/2011
i was one that paid this :( Does anyone know how i can attempt to get money back or file something?? please email if so

Posted by jbienkowski on 01/16/2013
Obviously the state of Florida sees nothing wrong with this because the company continues to function. I received the same correspondence yesterday (1/15/13)

Posted by lhidalgo on 03/13/2014
this is the second year that I received these letters I called my CPA and he told me not to pay. How is possible that they still on business